This module controls the Accounts Receivable functions for an organisation. Invoices may be raised directly into the TABS Debtors Ledger, or via other TABS modules (i.e. Stock Control, Time and Materials, etc), with optional allocations to the TABS General Ledger. Cash receipting is performed in the TABS Cashbook module.
The system maintains transactions in an Open-item format (i.e. transactions are retained in detail until fully accounted for). Once an invoice has been completely accounted for, details are transferred to History. Comprehensive enquiry and reporting facilities (on outstanding and historical transactions), allows timely and accurate reporting of the organisation accounts receivable position.
- GST/VAT compliant.
- Online and interactive, meaning all necessary areas of the system are updated as soon as a transaction has been completed.
- User-definable trading terms as 7, 14 or 30 days.
- Statements production, on A4 or pre-printed stationery, in Open-Item or Balance Forward formats.
- Credit Limit establishment and checking facilities.
- Ability to produce, print and re-print invoices.
- Maintenance of standard invoice descriptions for use in the production of invoices.
- Accrual facilities, allowing invoices to be entered into the next month without having to close the current month.
- Customer Invoices are retained as active (outstanding) on the system until they are ‘completed’ by means of either cash receipt or invoice adjustment (credit).
- Completed transactions are transferred to History, where they may be accessed for enquiry or reporting purposes.
- Audit trails may be produced automatically at the completion of data entry, or printed at a later date.
- Ability to scroll, select or create customer accounts during all transaction entry sessions.
- Customer balances will be dissected into 6 definable aging periods (i.e. current, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150+ days).
- Enquiry facilities provide access to outstanding and historical transactions. Optionally, debt collection notes may be updated at the customer and/or invoice level. Balance Status information ensures the sub-ledger agrees with the General Ledger control account. Finally, the General Ledger allocation may be viewed for each transaction.
- User definable analysis types facilitate comprehensive sales reporting.
- Diagnostic tools to ensure the Debtors Ledger balances are supported by transactions and agree with the General Ledger Trade Debtors control account (if integrated with the General Ledger).
Standard Reporting Available
- Reports from the TABS Debtors Ledger include:
- Customer Balances (Aged Trial Balance)
- Detailed Transaction Listing
- Customer Names and Addresses
- Customer Statements
- Customer Labels
- Debtors Sales Analysis
- Debtors vs Creditors Report
This module extension allows the debt levels of each customer to be monitored and maintained. Once a customers outstanding balance reaches a specified level, debt collection follow-up action will be initiated.
Contact notes may be entered at the customer and/or invoice level. A follow-up date will remind accounts staff to re-contact clients with outstanding transactions.
Debt collection letters may be generated automatically, via Microsoft Word (Mail Merge). TABS Debtors will produce several Merge files, containing relevant customer information (one file per debt level). In this way, appropriately worded letters may be produced to assist the Debt Collection process.
ADHOC and ODBC Reporting Capabilities
Adhoc reporting tools (including ODBC drivers) allows information stored in the TABS Debtors Ledger to be accessed directly.